View Single Post
Old 25th February 2009, 20:59   #64  |  Link
odin24

Quote:
Originally Posted by deank View Post
I watch a lot of AVCHD content on my PS3 and never had this problem.

1) You plug-in ext. HDD with AVCHD folder in root - PS3 plays it.
2) At the end of the movie PS3 goes back to XMB
I press stop before the movie ends on it's own.
3) Remove the drive, go to the PC
4) Rename AVCHD to something else (AVCHD_movie)
5) Rename the folder of the movie you want to watch next to AVCHD
6) Plug-in the HDD to the PS3 and it will play.
From the previous stopped position. Or if I chose "Play from Beginning" it will start the previous movie over.

There is simply no way PS3 will play the previous movie.

Also - you can use TRIANGLE and select "Play from the beginning" while AVCHD is selected in XMB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by idbirch2
I've never seen this happen. I often copy 3-4 movies onto my USB drive, test one on the PS3, move drive to PC, switch to next movie, test, move, switch etc all without turning the PS3 off and it always plays the right movie. The only circumstance in which this should happen is if for some reason, the folder renaming function fails in AVCHDManager. Easiest way to confirm this is check the AVCHD folder before you disconnect and try on the PS3 - play a couple of the .mts files and see if its the right movie. If not, the renaming hasn't worked.
I verify visually that the renaming took place and check the mts files on my PC... I'll have to check on the PS3 next time too.

One thing I do not do is "disconnect" the drive from the PC, I power down the HDD and unplug, but does that really matter?

I think the issue is the PS3/external communication, when the issue occurs it's like the PS3 thinks for a little longer... once the screen went to snow for a split second, then the previous movie started.

I have a Comstar drive, I'll have to try this out out too, see if the problem exists on it... or if it's just my WD.

Thanks for the input guys.

Last edited by odin24; 25th February 2009 at 21:01.
odin24 is offline   Reply With Quote