View Single Post
Old 11th August 2013, 18:37   #19820  |  Link
ThurstonX

new HTPC with Intel HD Graphics 4000

As the title suggests, I just built a new HTPC with Intel HD Graphics 4000 on an Ivy Bridge Core i3. I'm running the latest stable MPC-HC, with the three LAV external filters preferred, and madVR. madVR is using mostly default settings. I only changed my display device parameters, and of course tried various scaling options (no Jinc 3 for Image Scaling ...but I knew it wouldn't handle that).

My initial tests yielded some funny results. First, as mentioned in the posts just above, the "Exclusive" banner doesn't clear. It does clear on my other PCs running madVR on Radeon HD 5670 & 6670. But that problem may be related to this...

When I move the cursor to expose the seek bar, the seek bar doesn't clear. Also, the CTRL+J stats do not clear. This is in full-screen exclusive. If I restore back to windowed mode, then go back to FSE, it's all good, until I try to seek again. Also, the time indication on the seek bar doesn't work (kinda stuck, though I've seen it flip back and forth from, e.g., 14:06/14:07/14:06, etc.).

With a 4:3 video, the seek bar clears where the video is, but is still visible (as a sort of afterimage) at the bottom left and right, outside the active video.

Is this an MPC-HC problem, an Intel driver problem? I've not changed much in the Intel control panel, except clear dynamic contrast to fix the 29/59 flicker problem. I've never used Intel HD Graphics for TV and video playback, so I'm a noob in respect to that. LAVs are set to their defaults, including software decoding. madVR's render times are great with Jinc 3+AR for Chroma and Soft Cubic 70+AR or Lanczos 3+AR for Image Scaling (Jinc 3+AR / Lanczos3+AR gives me about 11ms).

Thanks for any feedback. I'll keep poking around.
ThurstonX is offline   Reply With Quote