View Single Post
Old 17th May 2009, 18:19   #1075  |  Link
Matching_Mole

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoD View Post
I'm sorry to inform you, but the external vsfilter is more advanced in the features it supports than the internal MPC one.
You're right, vsfilter can work with madVR and have all this features. But it still remains a bad option for me because you have to force it in a graph (for example when I want to add subtitles to an DVD - or a blu-ray - without a subtitle in my language). This is not easy with some graph configurations, I have experienced this before to use the features of MPC. More than the easiness of MPC, the quality is also better because the subtitles are rendered at the final step and are not affected by the sizing operations.

And overall (for me at least), the override placement do not work with vsfilter (this is logical because it add the subtitles to the decoded frames without the black borders... this is the render which add them) except if you make resize in ffdshow in orders to have the black borders... but I think this is not the best solution with madVR

So for me the very best solution is to add the subtitles pins to madVr. But it is to Madshi to make this decision to implement it.
Matching_Mole is offline   Reply With Quote