View Single Post
Old 16th August 2018, 17:25   #52126  |  Link
Bl4ze87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warner306 View Post
What does the TV information say while playing this file? Does it also report HDR?

It looks like an HDR source, although it has an odd mastering peak (1200 nits) and framerate (24 fps).

I assume you tried other files?

Try setting chroma upscaling to something besides DXVA. This is hardware scaling and could be interfering somehow.

You could check if there is anything unusual in the file by downloading MediaInfo and looking at the file contents (right click -> MediaInfo -> Text View). There is a link to the MediaInfo utility at the end of this post and a sample to show what a proper HDR source should report. It might be missing MaxCLL and MaxFALL if these values are set to 0,0, but that is not uncommon.

There is a calibration section in madVR. This only applies to SDR content, but you can try setting it to BT.2020 in off chance it fixes the colors. The code is probably unrelated, but I don't know what else would be producing the wrong colors. Improper tone mapping due to incorrect or missing metadata would be the most likely cause.
The tv info also show 2160p HDR.
Yes, i ve tried lot of different file, that image was only the last one i ve used.
Chroma upscaling is NGU for all the profiles.
Mediainfo looks good
Last but not the least, yes i've tried different option in calibration, but always without change.
During all my attempt i ve also changed lot of hdmi cable, used a dp->hdmi, but always the same result

edit : https://imgur.com/a/Qb8llBh
This is a couple day old..

Last edited by Bl4ze87; 16th August 2018 at 18:02.
Bl4ze87 is offline   Reply With Quote