View Single Post
Old 2nd October 2011, 06:31   #9949  |  Link
jmone

FYI, I'm also a decoder and use "VideoClock" in MC16 to keep audio and video in sync but I need to add a custom res for 24hz as my EDID from the TV is not being passed from the Receiver (long story!). The issue is the Display Range is different for a Custom Res (my 24hz) to the nvidia predefined res (my 50 / 60hz).

Anyway - I've now worked out how to add a custom resolution for ones that already were predefined (in the Create Custom Resolution Panel, open up timing, select Standard = Manual and just change the reported refresh rate slightly eg to say "50.001" etc. Don't worry these do not actually change anything and are even reported as 50hz etc once saved). I now have all my refresh rates defined as a Custom Resolution so the same video output range is being applied to all. So far it appears that "TV Levels" (16-235) is the go, as I can tweak the Brightness and Contrast video slightly in the nvidia Desktop to get the correct levels according to the AVSForum Test pattern and they are now consistent as I change refresh rates between 23/24, 50, 59/60hz. I can not tune it in with "PC Levels" (0-255) selected in madVR unless there is another setting in nvidia's panel somewhere I missed for custom res! Anyway happy boy today.
jmone is offline   Reply With Quote