View Single Post
Old 27th July 2014, 14:15   #1302  |  Link
Myrsloik
Professional Code Monkey

VapourSynth R24 test 3

Fixes the vspipe issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR View Post

BTW: Changing the CLI syntax in a non-backward-compatible way is generally bad for GUI front-end's, since we either need to support old and new variants (which is pain) or we support only a specific VapourSynth version (then user is doomed if program A wants VapourSynth r23 and program B wants VapourSynth r24).
I know changing things is bad, that's why I keep a list of major things I'm going to break all at once at an unspecified later time for the core API. The rest of the project is kinda in an evolutionary state though.

However having saner argument parsing is just too attractive to not do it and adding additional options would've been difficult without re-writing it all anyway. Now it follows standard command line conventions and makes more sense. The user base is also still small and fast enough to adapt to the changes. You're the only one making a GUI front end that I know of. Feel free to drop support for older versions of VS if it's too much work. I really try to make each release better than the last, or at least release a fix quickly if a major issue is found.

Anyway, no more major vspipe changes. Now it's done.