View Single Post
Old 1st September 2014, 08:51   #187  |  Link
zerowalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignus2 View Post
It would be a bit lengthy to explain exactly why this deadlock happens, but in short other codecs probably don't initialize threads when they are loaded (so not creating a problem at DLL unload), and MSI Afterburner only seems to incorrectly close (or not close) codecs when showing it's configuration dialog.

If you are really interested and want to be fascinated by the intricacies of DLLs and threads, here is an article to get you started (especially the "Best Practices for Synchronization" section):
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...=vs.85%29.aspx

BTW, I already fixed/worked around the issue with MSI Afterburner, so expect a release soon (strictly bugfix only).

I guess you wanted to write YVYU. Yes, that could be added, but that will only make it after 1.0, as I made a feature-freeze (should have done that with RC1...) so anything new will have to wait after 1.0 is out.

Greets,
I.
Ah, will see if i understand it to some degree. Get the concept at least, thanks

Indeed, damn i even checked and searched to be sure i didn't misspell before posting, not sure how i even succeed:S

And yeah no need for it right now. No need for more RCs ;P
Also not a critical thing, just something trivial that's hopefully can get supported for the heck of it, as it should be simple to implement, as all YUV versions are the same with different positions as far as i get it.

Thanks
zerowalker is offline   Reply With Quote