View Single Post
Old 25th January 2019, 21:12   #424  |  Link
Wakaku
MKV and tools user

Quote:
Originally Posted by hubblec4 View Post
I keep my fingers crossed for your mother so that everything goes well during the operation and wish you lots of creative energy for the time to come. Don't feel you set under pressure to test cE. cE is not a life saver your mother is most important. I will provide a test version and you have all the time you need, and when there is no time, believe me I'm the last one which is angry about this.
Thank you. I will test these test versions whenever I can. I want to participate nonetheless.

Quote:
Very interesting, could you provide sample files? An xml tags with the Emojis, an mkv and so on?

Mmmh... also interesting. Is a cover.jpg an attachment only? Could you provide a small mkv sample please?
Yes I will download a video from YouTube (the smallest 144p and the smallest Opus available for easy downloading), mux it to MKV, then tag it with emojis, add the biggest thumbnail preview available as an attachment as cover.jpg, put my ROTATE video tag for fun, and compress it as 7z.

As far as I know, Matroska COVERs are just plain image attachments renamed to at least cover.jpg.

DOWNLOAD: My 7Z

Quote:
I know what you mean and when I understand this right, then I have to manipulate the Windows registry. Indeed I have a bit experience with this but, coding and how it works under Linux I have to learn. I don't like the idea that cE writes in the Windows/Linux registry. I don't like it also when other portable tools this do. But I will think about it.
I agree, no need to mess with the Registry. Though there is some sort of automatic behavior in Windows 7 (or perhaps all Windows OS'es) using the Open With context menu even for portable programs, that you are most probably aware of, but I might as well tell my story.

For example, let's say I have Windows Explorer opened at a particular folder containing an MKV file. I can right-click that MKV file then move the mouse down a little until I reach Open with, then Choose default program..., then Explorer will prompt for me to pick a program in Recommended Programs, or I could click the Browse button at the lower right, so I could browse for an EXE in the hard disk. Then I could go to cE's installation folder and pick cE's EXE.

After I pick cE's EXE, it would then be included to the Open With context menu list, of course the Recommended Programs too, and in the Registry, cE's EXE will be included there:
Code:
HKCR\Applications\chapterEditor.exe
It will have an entry like:
Code:
HKCR\Applications\chapterEditor.exe\shell\open\command
Which will have a commandline like below, which in fact is my installation drive and folder for my programs. Actually just a partition, not a secondary hard disk, so that I could safely reformat the C: and I don't have to reinstall my programs since they are separate in D drive. I always try to use DOS-sized, 8-character folder names.
Code:
"D:\MyFolder\software\aud-vid\mod\chapEdit\chapterEditor.exe" "%1"
I can do the same procedure to other EXE's of other programs, like media players and even a portable MKVToolNix GUI's "mkvtoolnix-gui.exe".

Now the default behavior of mkvtoolnix-gui.exe when using the Open With above, is that MKVToolNix GUI will open the MKV file into its default Multiplexer main tab. The only way to immediately open the MKV file into the other main tabs (eg. Info Tool, Header editor, Chapter editor) is via a commandline + CLI options pointing to the filename of the MKV. Without the filename of the MKV in the command line, then it would not work for the other main tabs. Thus my desire to quickly open to other main tabs instead is currently impossible.

When I do this to cE's EXE (chapterEditor.exe), the default behavior is "blank", its just like opening cE as ease. Of course I'm very fine with this current behavior, no need to change it. This is just my story for the "Open With".

Meanwhile a little back in the MKVToolNix thread, I asked there if there is a way to open an MKV in Windows Explorer directly into a desired main tab, for example if I want to immediately open it in Header Editor main tab instead of the default Multiplexer main tab. Perhaps a switch or option that could be put into a shortcut to the EXE or if a batch file is first needed as a bridge which would then be called by the shortcut instead. I was hoping for somehow I could create different shortcuts with different switches/options yet pointing to the same MKVToolNix exe, one for each main tab.

So in my original wishlist post here, I was hoping for a quick way to open the MKV file in Windows Explorer into cE's Matroska Tools main tab for example (my favorite main tab of cE), just like my post in the MKVToolNix thread above. Especially in relation to the plan to upgrade the separate cE CLI and/or the chapterEditor.exe's very own CLI functionality update.

Quote:
I'm not sure if I understand you. Many SimpleTag's should move in one go into SimpleTag1.1 and all moved SimpleTag's are now Sub-SimpleTag of ST1.1. Can make two screenshots before moving and after?
The SimpleTags from other XML-Indexes I could drag one by one into 1.1, though I was hoping for an easy two-click or right-click context menu function to combine all of them them into 1.1. Somewhat like the context menu of All nodes, where a User can quickly Expand, Collapse, even batch Delete.

Or maybe an ability to highlight as many SimpleTags from other Tags then drag and drop them all into 1.1. I'll try to include screenshots into the 7z. Again this is just one of my wishlist earlier, no need to implement this.

Quote:
In Matroska Chapters editor you have a hotkey in the TreeView, "P"(default) plays the file. Such a hotkey is then for Tags editor also available.
I just tested this play feature in cE 1.12. When the highlighter is currently at XML-Index 1, then the MKV will play after pressing P. But sometimes when the highlighter is at XML-Index 1.1 or 1.2 or 1.3, when the User presses the P hotkey, there is a chance the User might overlook, that the Edition Entry's Name is replaced by P's instead. Such might happen if the User clicked the Edition Entry or like the Start time areas in the left pane.

There's a blue clapper/play icon at the right of the right pane, I forgot about this (or I overlooked), it's convenient and already favorable.

Anyway if Matroska Tools would indeed have such play functions counterpart like that of Chapter Editors, especially the blue clapper/play icon, then I agree for their addition.

Quote:
I could also add a new item in Tab-Header-Management popup menu but I think the hotkey is enough. But if you say "I need this", you get it, no problem.
Well I guess I'll have a wish granted then After typing, I just thought or realized that somewhat I am a right-click context menu frequenter. I even overlooked that big blue clapper/play icon after all. So thank you in advance.

Last edited by Wakaku; 25th January 2019 at 21:15.
Wakaku is offline   Reply With Quote