View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2010, 23:29   #16  |  Link
ChiDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pal View Post
1. BD Region reset: Yes, it would be better to reset the players individually. But not only parameters, also the interface of the program should allow that.
Sorry but I really don't want to add extra options to the interface. My aim is still to keep it as simple and quick to access as possible.

Let me know if you still want me to add the command line parameters even without interface options. If so there needs to be a distinction between PowerDVD "Method 1" and "Method 2" so that they could be set separately too if someone wanted. That's why my examples were with "PDVD1".

Quote:
2. PDVD 7.3 BD Region Reset in Vista/Windows 7: Again, out of curiosity: What values must be changed to get 99999 changes, and where are they hidden? The normal hack was to destroy the file, and PDVD recreated it with 5 new changes.
It isn't something that can be done manually without separate programs to extract and rewrite the alternate data stream, but it's part of "CLDShowX.ini:Update.CL". Two specific offsets have to be edited, one for the region and one for the number of changes.

Quote:
3. DVD Regions: Another thing: Can you think of adding a program part that can bypass DVD Regions on the fly? Surely, you may say now "DVDFab Passkey" is a freeware that can do this, but it is only free during its beta stage, and it is still unknown whether there will be a free light version as "DVDFab HD Decrypter" is for "DVDFab."
I think it would be great to have a free tool that can bypass BOTH BD Regions AND DVD Regions ON THE FLY (even with REGION-LOCKED drives). It would be the successor of "DVD Region Killer" and "DVD Genie."
Yikes! That's way out of the realm of scripting.

Both DVDFab Passkey and AnyDVD have to use a filter driver to intercept and communicate calls to the DVD drive. There's a reason they charge for that.. it's very complex.
ChiDragon is offline   Reply With Quote