View Single Post
Old 5th November 2006, 18:53   #7  |  Link
omion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disabled View Post
Many thanks for the x264 build, its working now.
I tried encoding a file on the host and on my laptop with your framework and it kinda worked. The laptop only got used about 20% of the encoding time, but its slow as hell anyway. I sometimes get the error 'Agent croaked with exception "End_of_file"; restarting' on my laptop, that might be the reason for it not being used that much.
That error's actually OK... sometimes. I think it happens when the controller connects, realizes there's nothing to do, and disconnects. It sounds like you have something else going on, though.

Quote:
And I can't start a second encode of the same file without deleting the tmp files manually.
If you want to do the same encoding on the same file, it should reuse the temp files (in order to properly resume). If you really want to start from scratch (like for testing), use the --restart switch

Quote:
I will not go out and benchmark this tool, as I don't have that powerfull machines here.
if you provide a linux 32bit build, I might try it at the university some time. But then I realise it still needs avisynth I do not have there, so I need to host it on a laptop...

*edit*
I just tried to encode with my laptop being the only client, and I get the same error as before and its not encoding the whole time, I would say the laptop is idle about 30% of the encoding time now.
I don't have an easy way to make 32-bit binaries with my Linux box, so I think you'd have to see if someone else can build it.

Now, when you say it's idle, does it do a job for 30% of the time and wait for the other 70%, or does it say it's doing something but it's only using 30% of the CPU?