Quote:
Originally Posted by Abradoks View Post
Here they are.
SNR:
out.10N.nero.L.wav 27.386 dB
out.10N.libav.L.wav 27.411 dB
out.10S.nero.L.wav 5.5173 dB
out.10S.libav.L.wav 27.398 dB
tartak wrote on another forum, that with nero decoder DRC is only partially ignored: volume increasing still applies, while attenuation is ignored.
Argh, what I said earlier was wrong, I haven't been able to fix yet, unfortunately...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinTime View Post
I've found a peculiarity when reducing the bit depth of a file. I've got a sample here to reproduce the problem (if it is a problem).
I'd say this is probably only a cosmetic issue, but I'll look into it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSeries View Post
Now the question! If I just put in the -down16 command will eac3to behave in the same way when it comes to 24 bit padded audio tracks and just remove the padding in a 2nd pass? Or does it blindly dither down to 16 bit without checking?
What is the source you will be using for -down16? Was the source created with eac3to? If so, if it's really only 16bit, then eac3to should already have saved it as 16bit, so if you use -down16, nothing will happen.

If your source claims to be 24bit, and if you use -down16, then eac3to will apply dithering - even if it's only really 16bit. The reason for that is that eac3to doesn't know which bitdepth the source has until processing is complete. You surely don't want eac3to to scan the whole file first, everytime, before starting processing, do you?