View Single Post
Old 27th July 2013, 01:54   #1  |  Link
TurboPascal7

FTurn and SangNom2 - plugins for faster antialiasing

I've been doing lots of antialiasing on HD content and most current implementations are insanely slow. Hence these two plugins.

FTurn
GitHub repo (binaries)
This is a simple plugin that contains faster TurnLeft/TurnRight/Turn180 implementations (all with F prefix). Only Y8, YV12 and YV24 are supported.

I wouldn't mind seeing these optimizations in Avisynth core, but since contributing to it is not the easiest task, we're going with a separate plugin for now.

SangNom2
GitHub repo (binaries)
This is a rewrite of the old SangNom filter. Its output is mostly identical to the old version on default settings.

In addition to huge speed improvements thanks to threading, it also supports additional colorspaces (such as Y8) and processes borders in a more correct manner.
SangNom (scaled x2 with PointResize)

SangNom2

Please note that SangNom2 is still in "beta" stage so I might change some parameters and defaults in the future. For instance, I consider migrating to avstp.

Example usage
line0 wrote a maa mod that uses both these plugins and works on Y8 in some cases for maximum performance.

Note
All plugins work only with Avisynth 2.6 alpha 4. Older versions also support older Avisynth, so get them if you need it. Both plugins require SSE2-compatible CPU.

All binaries and additional info are available on GitHub. All future releases will also be posted there. I might forget to update this thread later so check the repos out if you want the latest version.

Last edited by TurboPascal7; 29th July 2013 at 08:01. Reason: Requirements changed in FTurn 1.3
TurboPascal7 is offline   Reply With Quote