View Single Post
Old 1st March 2009, 11:32   #4  |  Link
Jeremy Duncan
Didée Fan

I am using ffdshow version 2693, clsid.

I am playing the ntsc widescreen movie ' hero' , starring Mr.Li.

I have been ghosting my pc back to previous times and have found a bug with the mpeg2 codec you modified.

When I started the movie, there was the fbi warning screen, then the movie studio screen where it says the company name.
But when it ot to the root menu the player crashed.
I found that if I disabled the ffdhow video codec, the libmpeg2 codec, and used media player classics m[eg2 codec.
The root menu showed fine and the movie did not crash.

After doing this I then tried the modified libmpeg2 codec you made and the root menu did not crash.

So it seems the using the media player classic video codec changed ffdshow somehow and this change repeated itself when the libmpeg2 codec was used again.
Like there is a memory of what worked with the mpc codec and this got transfered to the fdshow libmpeg2 codec.

When I tried mpc codec no filters were used, and when I went back to the libmpeg2 codec no filters were used.

Prior to this before using mpc video codec it did not matter if ffdshow video filters were used or not, the libmpeg2 video codec would crash on the root menu.

Edit,

The libmpeg2 codec crashed again when I reinstalled reclock.
It was not installed for the above text I wrote.
here are the settings I used:

Edit,

I just tried two movies that have twro root menus.
One root menu shows the play movie option, the other root menu shows two options: extended and regular.

Before I had to use leaks libmpeg2 ffdshow codec to see the second root menu.
But for some reason I can use the cyberlink powerdvd ultra video codec and the ffdhow audio codec and the ffdshow video filter codec, and the second root menu is visable.

Something is bufferng besides the libmpeg2 codec somewhere in the chain.

And I'm wondering if you know why the libmpeg2 has terrible terring?
Jeremy Duncan is offline   Reply With Quote