View Single Post
Old 21st December 2008, 05:25   #10  |  Link
tobinaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by video_magic View Post
Please god, a YV12 lower-CPU capture codec would be fantastic - thankyou! Hyper-threading P4 enhancements would be nice.
Yes, I'll tell him. But I don't know if he thinks of the lower-CPU performance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoRd_MuldeR View Post
Video thumbnails in Explorer tend to cause trouble and drastically decrease performance

But there is an easy way to turn that "feature" off:
regsvr32.exe /u shmedia.dll

Thanks for your advise. I don't like the video thumbnails showing function of Explorer, and always cut it when I use nLite to re-install WinXP. But sometimes it appears and annoys me. I'll try your approach.

By the way, LoRd_MuldeR, I'd like to express my gratitude to MPlayer for Windows which I use to estimate the decoding speed of MP4 with various x264 options used. Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid_80 View Post
The codec seems to mainly use SSE2 assembly, I know Athlon64's perform very poorly with SSE2 but don't know about Phenoms since I've never had one. Penryn and i7s normally get a big boost with lossless codecs (prediction+entropy based) since they love big data caches.
Oh, yeah, that should be the reason. I'll tell it to him to think about the extention sets of CPUs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid_80 View Post
Since it's GPL, I'd be happy to compile a x64 version when the author considers it to be stable enough.
Great! When the time is right, please. I'll announce here whenever the next version is released. Come back again!
tobinaka is offline   Reply With Quote