View Single Post
Old 28th November 2004, 03:55   #92  |  Link
tritical

Alright, well here is [link removed, look farther into the thread]. Yeah, I have no imagination for names. It includes TFM and TDecimate. I've tried to test everything to make sure it all works, but there may still be a couple things that slipped by. The options for TDecimate are not well organized and a little chaotic atm, but it gets the job done. The only thing that is not implemented is hybrid handling for cycleR > 1 (cycleR is the M in M-in-N decimation), all hybrid handling is currently limited to cycleR = 1 only. I have a plan for how hybrid handling for cycleR > 1 should work, but it would take a while and I'm not sure that there is even any need for it. Mainly just need some willing testers and feedback about what needs to be changed. The zip includes a "common usage examples" file that shows the syntax to use for most of the basic cases.

The one pass vfr w/ mkv timecode output can be done with the following script for example:

mpeg2source("c:\mysource.d2v")
tfm(d2v="c:\mysource.d2v")
tdecimate(mode=3,mkvOut="timecodes.txt")

The d2v option in the above script was added to TFM, among a few other fixes/changes, it scans the d2v file for illegal field order transitions (such as Fixd2v or DGFix) and will create a fixed version if anything wrong is found, and also will determine the field order from it if order is set to -1. The d2v option will work with d2vs from dvd2avi 1.76 and variants, dvd2avidg, and dgindex.

I'm also interested in feedback about the file input/output options if anyone uses two pass mode. Currently the filters do not check if a file with the same name already exists for output files (if there already is one it is overwritten), and for input files neither filter does any internal checking to make sure the file goes with the current video (such as calculating a crc for the first few frames).

EDIT: Decided to add the crc checking to output/input files. Now, whenever an output file is created TFM/TDecimate create a crc32 value based off the first 15 frames of the clip and store the value in the output file. On loading a file for input the value from the file is tested to make sure it is the same as the value for the current clip.

Also added a "batch" parameter to TDecimate that will disable some checks and memset two arrays to fake values allowing for a script with tdecimate(mode=5, ...) to be loaded when the input and tfmIn files have no entries. This allows you to set up vdub's job control with both scripts (a first pass script and a second pass script) at the same time and run them, meaning you don't have to be there when the first script/pass finishes.

Last edited by tritical; 28th November 2004 at 22:05.
tritical is offline   Reply With Quote