View Single Post
Old 21st May 2011, 15:29   #31  |  Link
SilaSurfer

You're welcome Fupp. Sorry for typo's, I was at work when typing my post (yeah I also browse this forum at work, just don't tell my boss)

HqbridQ preset is tweaked for compressibility gain that is why it uses diffrent resamplers to resample diffrent parts of the image, but Edge, Skin and Dark areas enhancements are not intended for compressibility gain? (correct me if I'm wrong)

Avarage bitrates for me spread from 1400 to 2000Kbps with Xvid for Dvd's, for Blu-rays I use x264 where I resample down to 720p. My goal is preserving more details in my backups and not achieving highest compressibility. So something like this comes to mind:

HybridFupp(x,y,preset="Very High", N1="", N2=RemoveGrain(mode=2), Fast=false, Enh_Str=5, EM_Mode=1, E_thr=135-200, E_Auto_Str=Auto, E_Str_N=7-10, DS_Enh=true, DS_Enh_Thr=48, Skin=true)

Combining HybridQ with Very High preset, taking actually just those settings that increase picture details and not those that raise the compressibility.

What if I use higher E_thr setting, will that detect edges more accurate? I used "Show" option in your function, and the more E_thr is raised, reddish color around the edges starts to disappear. Future request: HybridQ settings that are aimed for higher bitrates would be nice. Thanks
SilaSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote