View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2016, 00:03   #736  |  Link
r0lZ
PgcEdit daemon

Yes, a check to verify if the power plan has changed when BD3D2MK3D is opened is a good idea. I will add it...

And no I can't test if the encode window has been closed, since it's the process running in that window that must restore the power plan.

BTW, there is another case that can cause problems. If the user prepares a project while another project is encoding, the "current power plan" will be the plan that has been temporally forced by the encoding process, and the new process will add the command to restore a wrong plan in the POSTPROCESS.cmd file. I have to verify also if the current plan is different than the temporary plan, and if it's not the case, warn the user and offer to restore another plan. Not easy!

I don't use the automatic sleep mode neither, because the guys at M$ are unable to understand that it's not because there is no human working on the computer that the computer is not working! I understand that the screen blanker can be activated when the human is not present, but powering down the PC should happen only when the CPU is (almost) idle for a long time. Since that's not taken into account, I prefer to control myself when I can manually put the computer to sleep. But I understand that simply turning off the automatic sleep mode is not a good solution for everybody.

Last edited by r0lZ; 2nd January 2016 at 00:09.