View Single Post
Old 5th April 2012, 11:56   #10  |  Link
JoeH

Quote:
Originally Posted by jriker1 View Post
It does, problem is it doesn't work with m2v files. Needs to be in an mpeg2 container however based on this article the resulting wav file can not be encapsulated/muxed with the m2v file. Not compatible with each other.

By the way in MeGUI when I create the index no matter what I change the DAR to it doesn't change the picture. Keeps showing as a square picture. Even the script shows setting 16:9 but the output is still basically a 4:3 image.

JR
I've only seen this problem once myself. I don't remember for sure exactly what the cause of the problem was, but I think it was that the original image itself was actually 4:3 and was just being stretched to 16:9 by the settings.

I'm of the impression that the indexing doesn't affect the 16:9 or 4:3 aspect of the video itself (as it's not recoding the video). I think it's just an indicator to help video playback programs. If the video is actually 4:3 with a setting that stretches it to 16:9, maybe the indexer is simply making that evident.

You could ask Neuron2 (author of DGIndexNV) as well, he probably has seen this one before.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote