View Single Post
Old 12th November 2015, 00:12   #34227  |  Link
jkauff

Quote:
Originally Posted by har3inger View Post
I think DXVA2 is better than quicksync. Use that instead.

Smooth motion is really good, and is probably going to give you the biggest boost if your monitor doesn't support 24fps. The jump from SD->1280x800 isn't too big, so jinc AR for luma is probably sufficient and not too different from what doubling would produce. I don't think you can run SuperRes, but if you can, that's the next thing to try turning on. Use bicubic75 AR or jinc3 AR for chroma if you can afford it.

Checking on 10 bit image/chroma buffer in trade performance for quality is unlikely to result in any visible difference. Those would be worth using for you as well. Disable linear light for dithering is also fine, but I'd leave linear light on for smooth motion because it makes a big difference there.

Ordered dithering is great, and you should use it since it's better than all the alternatives for you.

Debanding can help immensely for sources with banding (obviously), but can cost a bit. Depends if you think your videos need it.
Tried your suggestions, and the only setting that pushed the GPU over the edge was jinc for luma. Had to stick with lanczos. Smooth motion On seems to produce the most visible improvement.

Thanks for the advice.
jkauff is offline   Reply With Quote