View Single Post
Old 18th February 2015, 01:36   #12  |  Link
Warner306

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
first of all this is not a guide this just explains settings.

debanding is done at the source resolution before scaling at least in madVR.

about your "The Video Rendering Process Summarized:" it is not complete.

there are colorspace corrections changing the DVD bt 601 to bt 701 and you don't have to get 4:4:4 frist you can frist scale to the target resolution using 4:2:0 and than scale the chroma. you can even scale both unaffected from each other direct to the file resolution MPDN does it this way.

even if you write up how it works that doesn't mean people will understand what is important.

let's have a look at chroma upsampling.

when chroma is upsampled from a BD source you change the resolution from 960x540 to 1920x1080. this is a huge resize but it's not that important you don't learn that from this. is the TV capable of 4:4:4 and setup properly if yes it is more important compared to a 4:2:2 screen but still not nearly as important as luma scaling.

I don't think it is a good idea to add all these complicated things it will create more questions than answer.
I agree with your post, but would still like a summary before attempting to digest each definition on its own. This is very technical stuff. But, if it can't be summarized because of the number of possible paths, I would agree that it's best left alone. You could still explain the process as its done in madVR. Other programs are not important.

Last edited by Warner306; 18th February 2015 at 01:42.
Warner306 is offline   Reply With Quote