View Single Post
Old 18th February 2009, 23:59   #8316  |  Link
chairlgmc
chairlgmc

DTS 24/96 from DTS HD

Hello,

having been a silent watcher for several weeks now and still on a steep learning curve and having read posts hither and yon I need someone to confirm the following for me before I commit myself to command line hell.

I want to either extract the dts Core of a dts HD track and presumably get 24 bit/48khz (or 96khz on the rare occasions they exist) 5.1 soundtrack or convert DTS HD into DTS 24/96. The reason for this is that I want to continue to use my much loved AV32R processor whch will handle DTS 24/96 via spdif but has no hdmi input to transfer DTSHD. this is because it A sounds fantastic an B has very good room equalisation software that is not available via the 5.1 bypass.

Goals -

1 - have 24bit/48khz 5.1 dts output via spdif. (presume yes if core is encoded as such)
2 - have the above tagged as DTS 24/96 if necessary to kick the AV32 into life.(what i am unsure of)
3 - Core is ok if it will achieve 2 above. So far my tag has not lit up to say 24/96 - just vanilla DTS

6.1 and 7.1 not needed.

I know i can extract the core from a DTSHD BluRay - the confirmation i cannot find is whether it will identify as DTS 24/96 via spdif.

Will playback via MPC HC/ffdshow and auzentech digital out.

AV32R will decode a 24/96 stereo flac file (presumably output as linear pcm) no problem. Is fine with dts es too. spdif cant handle DTSHD but i am given to understand elsewhere that it can cope with 24/96.

Sorry to be a quality junkie and somewhat exacting.

Am loving my decoded HDCD's. Thank You.

Anthony