View Single Post
Old 7th October 2017, 19:35   #3055  |  Link
manolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrC View Post
I did some tests, and, DCT=0 does not require it.
Yes of course, just noticed that my previous post had it the other way around. Getting old...

I would still recommend to copy fftw3.dll into a system folder because for some sources (anime) DCT=0 causes bad artifacts. MysteryX even changed his "normal" preset from DCT=0 to DCT=4 in the latest version of his "FrameRateConverter" plugin.

If you want to have a look at this latest version, see here:
https://github.com/mysteryx93/FrameR...eases/tag/v1.2
My mx_fps version has many presets removed, all the debug code is gone, I made it compatible with older versions of MaskTools and MVTools, and the user interface exports only the most important parameters (MysteryX hates me for doing this).

And yes, mx_fps with default parameters is a little bit slower than jm_fps, simply because of the added artifact masking. In most of my tests I found that jm_fps is all I need, but this probably is different for different sources and different users.

The mx_fps version I linked to uses an additional DLL which can build a "stripe mask". This DLL needs SSE2, so I do have an alternative version which has the stripe mask feature removed. Not a big loss, this feature only helps in rare cases IMO.

Meanwhile I updated jm_fps so now it has the two additional parameters "BlkSize" and "Dct". BlkSize can only be 8, 16 or 32. For the possible Dct values see the MVTools documentation. The most useful values are 0, 1 and 4.

Cheers
manolito
manolito is offline   Reply With Quote