View Single Post
Old 8th February 2006, 18:47   #234  |  Link
voo_doo99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanl
voo_doo99, if I understand you, you'd like for ALL the subtitles below the middle of the frame to drop down to the bottom border, and all the subtitles above the middle of the frame to float up all the way to the top border, is that right?
Kind of like a check box that would say "Push subpics out".
Right, jeanl. The subtitles repositioning would be as simple as: set the borders position, tick the checkbox, and click "Apply". Sweet, most people like me would need just that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanl
What is it that you have to adjust, currently, after you use the border?
jeanl
After I repositioned the subtitles close to bottom border and clicked "Apply To All Selected", that took care of 90% of the adjustment. There were just two problems:

(1) There were always some SPUs with misaligned subtitle a little higher than the rest, so after the fixed offset adjustment still stayed higher. This is a minor gripe, but I think if absolute positioning is used (the sy, ey values) it may get all SPUs subtitles into alignment.

(2) My major gripe was that those subtitles on the top half of the frame also got adjusted downward, not toward the top border as desired. And I had no way of catching them all without scanning all the SPUs. DVDSubEdit programming would help tremendously here.

Hope you will incorporate this auto-adjustment feature.
voo_doo99 is offline   Reply With Quote