View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2009, 15:52   #8120  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
The SPS's and PPS's are stored in the CodecPrivate data. It's easy to extract them. When demuxing, you should extract them and inject them at the start of the demuxed stream.
Yes, thanks. I'm planning to do that for the next release. But I'm thinking: Maybe it would be better to inject them not only at the start of the stream, but also in front of every I(DR) frame? Because I think in the original h264 stream normally sequence headers are stored in front of every I frame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neuron2 View Post
All the MKV files with AVC I've seen have "V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC" as the CodecID. Are you saying some files don't use that?
No no, you're right that MKV files usually use "V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC". I haven't seen any other codec ID than that. What I meant was that eac3to normally displays "h264/AVC", if it can properly parse such a video bitstream. The fact that eac3to displayed "V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC" means that it was not able to properly parse the bitstream. That's all I meant.

However, I do think that in theory it would be possible to have h264 MKV files which are not using "V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC", but "V_MS/VFW/FOURCC" instead, just as some VC-1 MKVs do, but with "avc1" in the CodecPrivate's BitmapInfoHeader. So eac3to also accepts "V_MS/VFW/FOURCC" with "avc1" as valid h264/AVC MKVs, too, just to be safe...

Last edited by madshi; 2nd February 2009 at 15:55.