View Single Post
Old 2nd February 2002, 19:51   #1  |  Link
DSPguru
BeSweet Author

How To Submit A Bug Report

1 a. make sure you're using the latest release of BeSweet. (i can't support old versions).
2 b. feel free to report bugs for beta releases, unLess i already released a newer stable release.
3 c. don't send me bug-reports/query-for-help on Private-Message, this isn't a private issue! lots of people are interested in those bugs.
4 d. please state the command line was used. (if you use the GUI - click the "Copy command to clipboard" button).
5 e. always create a logfile and paste it in your thread. the whole logfile ! (let me decide what is relevant, and what isn't)
6 f. if BeSweet raised gpf (crashed), please state the process that raised the gpf (for instance : BeSweet.exe , hip.dll , azid.dll,...).
7 g. if it could be relevant - point out the operating system/computer system was used.

8 Latest stable release is : v1.4. Latest beta release is v1.5b31.
9 if you've downloaded a beta version, beware it's sometimes an upgrade to the latest stable version, and you must unpack the stable version first.

10 Known issues in v1.5 :
11 - not all FRC (frame-rate-conversion) values are supported. common FRCs are supported (NTSC2PAL / PAL2NTSC).
12 - OGG Vorbis output requires installation of OggDs.
13 - currently '-6chogg' doesn't work with -ssrc( .. ), -boost( .. ), -ota( -g .. ).
14 - ABR Ogg on 48khz isn't supported by the RC3 dlls, and will be switched with VBR Ogg. if you insist on using ABR, downsample the track using -ssrc( --rate 44100 ).
15 - Mono2Stereo plugin sometimes crashes when used together with SSRC. (this plugin isn't needed anymore, since v1.5)
16 - ac3enc.dll creates (almost) useless ac3 streams. don't use it to encode things you care for. it's there only for test purposes.
17 - Downsampling from 48Khz to 44.1Khz and doing frame-rate conversion of PAL to NTSC doesn't work at the same time. (simultaneous NTSC to PAL + downsampling does work). this should work if you use -soundtouch( ) for the PAL2NTSC instead of "-r"

18 Latest stable & beta releases of BeSweet can be found on my site.

Last edited by DSPguru; 8th September 2005 at 21:15.
DSPguru is offline   Reply With Quote