View Single Post
Old 4th March 2019, 22:24   #55165  |  Link
mkohman

Quote:
Originally Posted by huhn View Post
the number of "cores" is only comparable in the same architecture at the same clock. nvidia turing and pascal card reach easily 1800 mhz out of the box a vega 56 or 64 can't do that.

the new turing cards can do a lot of "maths" types a lot faster we talk about stuff like x128 faster here then older generation GPUs.
if stuff liek this get's utilized the newer turing cards will run exclusive stuff only they can do and/or do it faster.

so there is a simple solution to this problem. if you don't need a new card don't get one and wait when this "stuff" gets used.
Thank you so much.. This makes complete sense.. Maybe it's time I gave nividia another chance

Currently I don't need a new GPU, however the reason I am making enquiries is because I can return my RX 580 to amazon until the 17th march for a full refund.. After that I'm stuck with it until I want to really upgrade..

I'm happy with it but I was wondering if its would be wise to get a refund and replace with a rtx 2060? That's what I was wondering.. And if so.. Is there a specific 2060 model that is recommended? Asus Strix comes to mind but I may be wrong.. Thanks
mkohman is offline   Reply With Quote