View Single Post
Old 10th February 2016, 12:57   #36022  |  Link
FreeFall

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
Ok. In that case can you please check which exact madVR build introduced the problem for you? Also: Are you using a multi-monitor setup? Finally: In the problem situation: Does the media player still react to anything (e.g. mouse clicks) at all? Or is it totally frozen? In that case please create a freeze report by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Shift+Pause/Break, in case that still works.
I've done some more testing, installed the latest Nvidia hotfix drivers 361.82 just to rule out a possible driver problem. Build 0.89.13 introduced the problem, I tried 0.89.12 and 0.88.8 and had no problems using those two.

I'm using a single monitor Benq XL2411z 1920*1080 120Hz, the player doesn't freeze up it still reacts to keyboard commands. Pressing play the dvd tries to play again, you can hear the audio its just that the image is frozen on the screen and won't clear until you exit the player (alt + x) the player exits without any error messages showing up.

to reproduce the problem reset madVR to defaults and then disable all of the trade quailty for performance options, play a dvd and then stop playback the last buffered frame will be stuck on screen. If you enable use a seperate device for presentation (Vista or newer) with the trade quality for performance settings disabled it seems to work around the problem (no stuck frame after stopping).

This problem only happens with Zoom Player, I can't reproduce it with MPC-HC using the latest madVR build.
FreeFall is offline   Reply With Quote