View Single Post
Old 27th September 2011, 22:04   #9877  |  Link
nand chan
( ≖‿≖)

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhatter300871 View Post
In response to 'nand chan' I played with the yCMS calibration values and to be honest I couldn't see a difference, so I am running with not calibrated mode for now. To be honest, I have no idea what so ever how all those calculations work, I have never read up on it and find myself being very lazy indeed in doing so. I'm prepared to accept that it's beyond me for the time being.
Well, first of all, it's important to know what the exact chromatic signature of your projector looks like, then you can adjust video to whatever to get accurate colors.

To demonstrate the difference, it's probably best to display something very green (I love to use the grass scene at the start of Madoka episode 1, shortly after the OP) - our eyes are most sensitive to the green receptors so the difference is more obvious, compared to something like blue which we basically can't detect very well at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhatter300871 View Post
I can't use reclock because I send audio direct to my amp, which reclock will not let me do (I dont think)..
The only thing ReClock can't do is stream to ASIO, but if you use Windows 7, it can use WASAPI (and if Windows XP, kernel streaming), to directly stream PCM / DTS / AC3 / whatever to your receiver / amp / sound card / HDMI connection, bypassing the entire Windows audio stack etc.

You need to use an audio filter that can bitstream the audio (like ffdshow audio), and enable the streaming options in ReClock + set the correct output device.