View Single Post
Old 12th August 2019, 19:52   #13  |  Link
ThunderFi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chros View Post
Hey, and welcome to doom9!

1. yes, that's why. 4:4:4 can be relevant, it's all up to you to decide, I personally like it and can live with hdr banding.
But it just recently turned out (at least for me) that it's not ture 4:4:4 (altough really close to it), see below.

2. 3. 4. read through this post and all the provided links in it, after that you can ask

Enjoy!
Hey and thank you for your reply. How exactly does the 4:4:4 work when the movie itself is 4:2:0? This seems a bit confusing to me but what I suspected apparently is the case then.

I checked the post and read through it. Didn't go through all of the links yet though. A couple of things I want to ask about:

1. The RGB output levels. In the post you linked it was said that 0-255 should be selected from video card control panel. If this is the case, should I then also choose PC levels in madVR's RGB output settings?

2. Okay so I chose DCI-P3 in madVR calibration settings. I haven't created a 3DLUT and I haven't even really read about those yet. There's still so much for me to go through and understand.

3. The color gamut settings. In the post you linked it was said that 'wide' should be selected for SDR content. This contradicts so many other people that have said that 'auto' should be the best option.
ThunderFi is offline   Reply With Quote