View Single Post
Old 23rd November 2008, 21:25   #10  |  Link
Adub
Fighting spam with a fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzqw View Post
when you select the 1 pass or 2 pass, you must simply edit the value reported on "Final MB (or CRF)", autox264 will compute bitrate to fit the specified MB size.
The "manual bitrate" is to "override" the compute of bitrate
Ah, okay. I am just used to a straight "Bitrate" interface. However, this way works to. Leave it like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzqw View Post
, any suggestion ?
I will have to think for a little while. Mostly the biggest thing is color variance. When everything looks the same the human eye has trouble discerning difference in content. A deeper grey color for the background is not a horrible idea with some a slightly different shade for the buttons, as right now they blend in with the background, except for the shadow.

Also, is there a reason why all of my test videos are scaled? I inserted a basic 1280x720 video, that needed no cropping or resizing, and it automatically calculated a new resolution of 1152x632. However (1152/632)= 1.822784810126582278, which is nearly equivalent to the DAR presented in the information box, 1.8234.

And here I thought that the DAR was supposed to be 16:9. What am I missing here? Are you getting the DAR from some entry in the input file's metadata?