View Single Post
Old 9th July 2010, 09:58   #238  |  Link
guth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undead Sega View Post
I am actually still having problems trying to deshake my footage, I have created a new image sequence from the original, but this time it was deinterlaced using TGMC to 50p and I removed the noise using Neat Video resulting me with a (slightly sharp but) clean image, I dont know if that is going to make any differences?
Me neither. But removing noise can be very bad for Deshaker if the smoother uses some kind of temporal smoothing. That kind of smoothing often leaves traces of earlier frames that Deshaker can match on, incorrectly.

Quote:
wouldnt you happen to know of other software or filters that can literally do what your filter does interms of borderfilling effectively?
No, I don't. But I haven't been looking much either.

Quote:
Also, you say your filter uses area based matching, is this something that is limited in ur filter or in Avisynth? Possibly there could be an avisynth filter that uses a more sosphisticated algorithm for the searching of the footage (and possibly be used in Deshaker)?
I'm not sure I understand your question. The matching algorithm is inside Deshaker. You can't change it without me doing something.
Could there exist filters with a more sophisticated search algorithm? Sure, but Deshaker can't use it without me doing something. Unless it can produce logfiles for Deshaker pass 2.
guth is offline   Reply With Quote