View Single Post
Old 8th November 2003, 06:58   #17  |  Link
CruNcher

@karl_lillevold

I totaly agree with you especialy doing those low bitrate encodes wich are only an example their only resamble a small timeline of the whole movie, wich is arround 3h long and im allready excited to see the final encode, i think with all things like Fire, Watter, Explosions and so on that still appearing in that particular movie it will getting really hard for Mpeg4 to hold continues quality in the whole Movie. Also for RV9 it will be hard i mean with the inloop filtering the blocks that will occour in those scenes are washed
away, but the same effect can also achived with PP in Mpeg4 so i think in the final instance the most accurate 2pass Code will give the best overall quality for this Movie @ this bitrate and from my tests it was impossible to exactly hit the 550kbps with RV9 where with XviD it was a snap. Im also looking forward to see that the user gets controll over the decission to use inloop filtering or not

What me also wonders is their is no great speed difference between Mpeg4 without inloop filtering or RV9 with inloop filtering so if i see it that way RV9 should be extremely faster without inloop filtering in encoding then any other Mpeg4 Codec or is it not that Cpu intensive ?

Quote:
Looking at the actual video clips, it's just blocks blocks blocks in XviD in the 2nd half (high action).
jep also a good point but in my own preference those blocking isn't really noticeable in fast moving areas if they dont last very long in this situation it's mostly some short head movings in different positions so if it looks blockie or smothie here i think isn't really important another situation i think would be fighting scenes where you are concentrated on the action thats going on moves ect like in the Matrix Movies i think their you would notice the blocking over time.

And especialy that's the case in Theatrical Trailers with fast moving
cuts and scenes where Mpeg4 without PP looks absolutely shity but RV9 with inloop filtering doesn't.

I think RV9 would really benifit from a "Adaptive Inloop filtering" where in Low Motion no inloop filtering is used but in High Motion it is i think that would be awesome for every situation that could occour in Mpeg4 this could be a kind of inteligent PP thats useing the stats file to find the Low Motion or High Motion areas.

something like this

It is about Time

Join the Revolution NOW before it is to Late !

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=168004

Last edited by CruNcher; 8th November 2003 at 08:26.
CruNcher is offline   Reply With Quote