Thread: StaxRip
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2017, 15:29   #2011  |  Link
Yanak

Hello Stax,
i am testing the last 1.4.3.6 build and got some questions please :

- I start with a profile having a custom muxer profile in a form of a command line, when using the new re-mux script it does not change the muxing profile to mp4 or mkv, it stays on the command line muxing profile, not sure if normal or not but seems like it cannot switch to mkv or mp4 when a custom command line for muxer is set, seems ot work fine when any other profile other than a command line is set.

- Still about muxing: using a mkv container we can use the attachment option and add a txt file or picture or even an .exe to a mkv.

When adding such file containing an attachment as source into staxrip the attachments, if there is some, are extracted directly into the temp folder.
When selecting manually your "Demux" tool where we can select to extract attachments or not there ( will be nice to get the attachments files listed there if there is some in a mkv file btw )

Not sure if something can be done when using a Mkv as source file to show that there is an attachment and ask the user if he wants it extracted or not.

Could also be possible to extend this for .mp4's using mp4box and extract picture cover if there is one using the command :
Code:
mp4box.exe  -dump-cover videoInput.mp4
For easy tests of adding a cover picture to a MP4 go the the mp4 container option like in the first picture > command line > edit menu > and add this :
Code:
Add Cover = -itags cover="$browse_file$"
Also possible to drop chapters using -dump-chap and few more options for dumping stuff but i never really tried those, might be useful for your demux tool that support only audio for mp4's if i make no error.
also mp4box.exe -raw trackID fileInput.mp4 Or the one i use a lot to extract all content of a MP4 with mp4box.exe -raw * fileinput.mp4
I set this as custom menu for mp4's and mov's: "%app:MP4Box%" -dump-cover -raw * "%source_file%" dumps all tracks and cover . Those might help.

( mp4box allows me to store multiple video tracks in a single mp4 + add a cover to the mp4 for better visual identification on pc, useful to keep original raw video untouched next to the one i encoded or modified, like a backup of original raw data inside a single mp4 file, i can later extract and use again the original an unmodified video if needed )

Speaking of audio i saw you added this : "ffmpeg demuxing GUI added, only audio is supported so far, input types can be configured in the settings, default is avi, ts, flv"
Maybe i understand something incorrectly but where is the GUI? I mean how to trigger it please ? For now i could not find it, probably doing something wrong or misunderstanding something about this new feature.

As always thanks a lot for all the work on this nice tool.

Last edited by Yanak; 23rd January 2018 at 00:07.
Yanak is offline   Reply With Quote