View Single Post
Old 12th December 2003, 13:05   #20  |  Link
LordIntruder

Quote:
Originally posted by bond
[B]well thats the problem, there is no gui atm
Ah ok!! At least it is now clear. Do you plan do make one? If you want your work to be widely used you should think to make one. Microdvd Player has a GUI and once you learnt how to use it, it is a piece of cake to make DVD menu.

The "plus" with your project is that everything is included in the MP4. With Microdvd menu is outside of the main AVI, including sounds, images. You must have an executable and some ini files (script) and it may confuse the user, so you have to make an executable to launch everything in the right order.

With your project we just have to use a specific wiever and it rocks.

Quote:
you will have to adopt the settings in the bt script itself
Ok got it!! I opened the BT file with Notepad and everything comes clear. Well clear is not the right word because if now I know where the commands are, it is a real headache to learn how to use it. You see why I ask for a GUI? lol

When I first learn how to use MicroDVD menu creation it was already a real pain in the ass to figure out all the commands, what were their impact as the guide can not cover each case. But your BT script is at least twenty times longer than my microdvd ones and it is hard to notice what are the lines that are needed for the program to work fine and the ones than can be changed and only needed for the menu.

Quote:
after some time i think i will be able than to figure out what people need most, what the focus should be in a guide and than write an overall step-by-step guide
I can give my experience on dvd menu creation with Microdvd.

I copy vobs and encode menus if they are animated ones or takes snapshots. I encode music of those menus or add ones taken from the movie. Then with the GUI I select the clickable areas. The rest is done by "hand" with notepad (because I'm used to use that program) but you can do it with the GUI. There are some commands to learnt, you put them, you add links from one menu to the next (chapters, audios, etc...).

The user should be able to increase/decrease size and type of font for subtitles, didn't see that when playing your SW II sample. Also the possibility to use vobsub subtitles instead of only OCR (srt) ones. The possibility to add more than 2 audios streams, 2 languages and a commentary stream. The possibility to use Ogg as audio, usual stuff like that.

I'll keep an eye on your work.
LordIntruder is offline   Reply With Quote