View Single Post
Old 11th March 2020, 20:00   #35  |  Link
Waxmania

Hi,

This tool looks like exactly what I've been needing, but I can't get it to work at all. No matter what I enter for settings, I get the following error (varying by input filename and command line, but nothing else):

Quote:
File: K:\Videos\Kaleidoscope1.mkv
Command line: "C:\Program Files\MKVToolNix\mkvpropedit.exe" "K:\Videos\Kaleidoscope1.mkv" --edit info --set title=""

Error: More than one file name has been given ('[' and '"K:\Videos\Kaleidoscope1.mkv",').
I created and muxed a whole bunch of videos some years back with a tool that inserted spam as the title, and I want to clear that metadata on all files. Since there are well over a hundred files in this project, handling each individually with mkvtoolnix or the mkvmerge GUI seems impractical. But I can't figure out what this error means— the "'['" as a second "file name" doesn't seem to come from any setting I've entered in jmkvpropedit, and doesn't appear in the command line output returned to me.

Currently the only setting I'm using is selecting the "Title" checkbox in the General tab. I get the same error when I try other variations (I'm not 100% this syntax would have been correct, but I also tried just using the "Extra Parameters" field with "--tags all:" and got the same result).

Could this be an issue with my OS (I'm using Windows 8)? Any idea? Thanks if anyone has any insight.
Waxmania is offline   Reply With Quote