View Single Post
Old 25th November 2013, 02:14   #159  |  Link
Keiyakusha
契約者

zerowalker
You are doing too strong accent on the word "upsampled". For some reason I feel some kind of disappointment in your posts. It doesn't matters if it's upsampled or not. Also even though video often starts as 8bit, if some 16/32 bit processing applied to it (after which it is dithered to 10bit for archiving, delivery, whatever), you can no longer call it "upsampled". It became "real".

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLagsalot View Post
I figure if Lagarith can handle those types of footage well, it'll shouldn't have any trouble on upsampled video.
If you're talking about upsampled video that was simply converted 8->16bit without any further modifications.... why would someone want to compress it with lagarith? I don't see the reason for that. I only happens when you was requested to deliver some footage in some "standard" format, which happened to be 10bit. In case of lagarith one would compress it before upsampling and upsample when needed. But I also don't think one would use 10bit lagarith for raw noisy captures. Not in professional world. And most likely more casual users won't do it either.
If you're talking about upsampled video that received some kind of processing on top of that, as I said above, I don't think you can call it "upsampled" anymore. This is exactly the kind of content for which you want to optimize the encoder. And not for some random noise... unless for lagarith it doesn't matter which content you have. But then there is even less reasons to optimize for something exotic

Last edited by Keiyakusha; 25th November 2013 at 02:34.
Keiyakusha is offline   Reply With Quote