View Single Post
Old 15th August 2002, 07:08   #5  |  Link
\AX

btwincap with a haupuage is a joke and a half

i boldly started out to write a new driver for my wintv card. what i got was something working but the same damn thing with the card...wouldnt work. the point where i threw in the towel is where i guess i fuc't up and wrote something wrong and had to wind up disabling the pci slot the card was in and then windows would boot correctly. problem was my pinnacle pro card kept trying to acess that driver and i for some reason could not uninstall the driver...gave me the off the wall message saying it couldnt locate it although i could see it. just access denied.

ive tried vdub vcr a few times i ran into the reoccurring problem of asynch audio that was really asynch. i cap off cable/sat and after about the 7min mark it just goes asynch.

so i was left with some noise so i had to atleast filter some out some way right. well youve probably already this but what i started out doing was writing a another driver and when i was searching for more stable code for current drivers i say yet another link to a german website decribing DScaler. i ran it into alstalavista's translator and could really get a good translation on the whole thing but what i did get is how it acess the chipset directly.

so i guess you know what im about to say. i started up dscaler, went to the bt848 options and tweaked those as much as possible. couldnt figure out how to capture in dscaler though. i still in fact dont know and would love to know but i never saw a option for it at all.
after closing that up and option vdub i started to do a test cap and then noticed out the settings where still stored how i set them in dscaler. so i said screw this and fired up avi_io which to my luck the settings where still set.

so now i tweak it in dscaler first and wind up clearing ALOT of noise out. then cap in avi_io

if there was soemway i could just cap in avi_io and pass it straight to vdub for use of those filters i would be set. but so far no luck and i have no idea on how to write something like that at all. ive looked at some of the documentation on graph edit but it's not to clear to me so it's not so helpfull(the most helpfull documentation is in german and i just don't know that.)

if you know how to keep synch in vdub please let me know.
\AX is offline   Reply With Quote