View Single Post
Old 13th October 2018, 17:09   #6529  |  Link
hello_hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathor View Post
Thanks, I have to play myself with it as I am not using that tool at all. Also I am not sure if I understood all your points. I will try to to reproduce it however.
It's the difference in how it works according to the type of file you open. For an IFO file, if you change the input and output fps but they match, the chapter timings change as though the video was sped up or slowed down, while the corresponding key frames remain the same. ie similar to AssumeFPS().

For a text input file when you change the input/output fps and they match, the chapter timings don't change, but the corresponding keyframes in the QP file do, so it's assuming frames are being added/removed, much like ChangeFPS().

For either input type, when the input and output fps don't match, the equivalent of AssumeFPS() is applied. ie the chapter timings change but the corresponding keyframes don't.

Without a preview open, I think the way text input files are currently handled is more logical.

The preview throws a spanner in the works though because the preview video has a fixed number of frames, so I think when a preview is opened either the input or output fps should be locked to the video frame rate, then when you change the other, the equivalent of AssumeFPS() is applied.

I'd imagined something like....
I have an NTSC video I sped up from 23.976fps to 25fps. I open the script and the output fps becomes locked at 25fps. I then open the chapters from the DVD and select 23.976fps as the input frame rate. The chapter timings are stretched from 23.976fps to 25fps to match the video.

Or maybe you have a more clever idea.....
hello_hello is offline   Reply With Quote