View Single Post
Old 4th June 2013, 19:14   #1  |  Link
Wilbert

New host for AviSynth

We finally have a new host: avisynth.nl!!!

The stuff on avisynth.org is still out there. If Richard comes here again I will ask him to hand over his domain.

The last few weeks i was busy moving all contents of avisynth.org to the new host. The translated sections should be the only ones which are not moved yet (will do that the coming weeks). So let me know when i forgot something else.

Much of the new wiki looks the same as the old one, but there is one thing which is different. I changed the user group rights in the following way
  1. all:
    Everyone can read any page and create an account. In order to create an account you have to answer a question correctly (to keep the spammers out).
  2. registered users:
    After creating an account you become a registered user, and you will be able to edit pages and change your user preferences. For the first ten edits you will need to answer a question again.
  3. emailconfirmed users:
    When a user has his email address authenticated he/she will become an emailconfirmed user. You will be able to create and move pages and upload images in addition.
  4. autoconfirmed users:
    After making ten edits you will be promoted to an autoconfirmed user and you can do the same as you could before but without answering any questions to edit a page.

Hopefully that will leave the spammers out. If not I will disable the account creation and let a few people do that for you.

If you have problems getting your emailaddress confirmed (I have read somewhere that an address with two dots will fail) or you have a problem with answering the questions drop me a pm.

If you want to help with the new wiki, the to do list can be found here: http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Avisynth_wiki:Current_events I asked WarpEnterprises to update the plugins. If anyone is interested, you can get my latest package (yes I know it's not complete): here (~345 MB). Let me know if you want ftp access.
Wilbert is offline   Reply With Quote