View Single Post
Old 15th May 2015, 10:04   #30022  |  Link
madshi
Registered Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevcairiel View Post
Thats absolute nonsense. Maybe if you store the intermediates in 8-bit all the time (like your test script appears to do), but if you store them with enough precision, it does not result in any image degredation.
I don't know what kind of Matrix madshi uses for this intermediate steps, but for example YCgCo is proven to be mathematically perfectly lossless given enough intermediate precision.
Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detmek View Post
Thanks Madshi. If its a driver problem then it exists more then a year. Last year I switched from Nvidia GPU to IGPU. With Nvidia I had active "use a separate device for presentation" because it used to give me lower rendering times. After switching I forgot to reset madVR and I had some stutters. I resetted madVR settings and in process of elimination I found that mentioned option was a problem. I forgot about that until you asked me to activate that option.
Yes, it's been a long standing issue with Intel drivers, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nijiko View Post
@madshi : Will madVR support multi-languages? I can help to translate to Japanese & Trad. Chinese.
Maybe at some far away time in the future, but not any time soon. Hey, I'm German, and madVR doesn't even support German yet!! English will have to do for everyone for the time being.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razoola View Post
I can confirm for me in 088.7 full screen exclusive mode is not reported as DX11 but in windows mode it is. Though I can't remember checking if there was ever a message to show it was in FSE DX11 or DX9
Does it say "8 bit" or "10 bit"? Then it's DX11. Only the DX11 FSE mode does that. I didn't add "D3D11" because together with the bitdepth it made the OSD so very wide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolfy View Post
I tested the lastest iteration so far and it's definitely better. In some cases it's better than the high preset but I found one case where it's very weak compared to the high preset. I wait until the next iteration comes out and if it's not corrected I will post a picture (or a sample video?) if it can help Shiandow.
Ok, thanks!
madshi is offline   Reply With Quote