View Single Post
Old 30th December 2019, 02:02   #129  |  Link
r4dius

Quote:
Originally Posted by FranceBB View Post
Of course there is! Movies are shot in log and then graded from the raw masterfile to either SDR BT709 or HDR PQ BT2100, so there's always going to be a mismatch as you will be starting from the graded HDR version whereas the SDR bluray disk were made from the original log footage. Anyway, with HDRTools you can use tonemapping algorithms which can give you pretty good results. The one that has always been working for me as a good compromise is Reinhard so you may wanna check it out from my previous posts.
Also please read the documentation and the PDF wrote by Jean-Philippe included in the plugin download which are gonna explain how this plugin works and what it does.

Totally unrelated:

Question for Jean-Philippe: is it different from the last build you sent me via email? 'cause if it isn't, I'm gonna share the images of the last test results, otherwise I'm gonna repeat those tests.
Merci, I've been testing a bit with your examples on this post, it's getting better but cant seem to find a perfect match yet, I'll be testing some more,
still I wonder is it not possible to extract the required values used from let's say mpv, as its result looks really good for me, and reuse them on the hdrtools ?
I mean such thing would allow more than easy conversion rather than hand picking values for each movie.
r4dius is offline   Reply With Quote