View Single Post
Old 17th January 2020, 03:19   #65  |  Link
poisondeathray

Quote:
Originally Posted by nji View Post
Yes, you are right, the thread is about lens correction (tool).

And we're discussing how to make it useable not only
for well known lenses but also if only known of a large fov.
For in that case all deshaker do bad.

It's difficult for me to describe what the effect looks like
that I called "wobbling".
Actually "wobbling" seems not to be the right English word for it.
(I don't know a fitting word).
It's more like "kneads".
And it seems to be caused when tilting and panning
a large fov movie.
Why don't you have a look for yourself as I suggested?

I would, but I don't have any of those types of cameras anymore. I'm trying to think back - maybe DV, wide angle lens. Maybe you have something different, because I don't remember having any "wobbling" problem with those. But like you say maybe that was the wrong wording or description.

It doesn't make logical sense that you say it "works" with something more extreme like fisheye, but not something less extreme like a wide angle lens. If what you're describing is related to the lens distortion, shouldn't a more extreme distortion cause more problems ?

How do you expect shekh or any developer to improve any of these tools , or make them "more useable" - without any footage, settings, or at the very least an accurate description?

A video is worth a thousand words. Find some footage without people or personally identifiable elements. Or find footage from same or similar camera / lens somewhere else that demonstrates the issue clearly

When I want something fixed or improved, I go out of my way to provide footage, description, upload everything in a neat package. I want the developer to do as less work as possible, so that he or she would be more inclined to help, instead of having to do the "legwork" themselves.
poisondeathray is offline   Reply With Quote