View Single Post
Old 24th September 2011, 14:45   #99  |  Link
egur
QuickSync Decoder author

CruNcher:
I use LAV/Haali/MPC splitters only as source filters.
BTW, I doubt if I can decode both evil_trees.ts and telecine-test.ts using a common logic. Both clips stop marking the frames as telecined (field doubling) mid playback. evil_trees.ts looks best if I don't drop out of IVTC immediately and telecine-test.ts looks bad no matter what I do, but only for a fraction of a second, almost impossible to notice. Even if i switch correctly back to interlaced, the renderer doesn't handle this well and shows the same frame 3 times and then 2-3 frames that should have been interlaced but have not.
Since both clips have identical behavior (same flags on the decoded frames) it's impossible to tell them apart. DGindex reports that evil trees is 12% interlaced, 88% film...
I'd like to hear your opinion on this.

nevcairiel:
How can I tell if get DTS or PTS, missing time stamps. Sounds like hell
Is there code for dealing with this some where?
To avoid license problems (is there a problem?), I can put the time stamp normalizing code in ffdshow, not in my DLL.
BTW expecting a valid value for AvgTimePerFrame is legit. A zero value might mean I need to measure (need a few frames to do so), but a wrong value is misleading. Microsoft's documentation doesn't say you can ignore this value.
Intel Corp.
egur is offline   Reply With Quote