View Single Post
Old 26th January 2011, 02:59   #11124  |  Link
jdobbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalios View Post
I'm having problems backing up 2 out of 3 movies from my Aliens triple pack. Aliens (2nd movie) encodes fine and maintains a proper aspect ratio and displays in widescreen. For some reason no matter what settings i check/uncheck in setup alien and alien 3 come out with a 4:3 aspect ratio.

The weird thing is that if i encode just a snip of the movie, it encodes and comes out properly at 16:9 with letterboxing. But if i run the whole movie through it seems like it's disreguarding any of the info I pass even if I try tossing a custom AVS at it.

I'm rather baffled at this point. Are the anamorphic properties throwing it off somewhere during the encode? Is it just improperly reading and then setting the tag for the aspect ratio?

Below are two image examples of what I mean. First one is the original, second one is the re-code.

Let me know what addition info you may need on this one.

*edit it says the attachements are pending approval so im not sure if you can see them to grab them.
Can you post the log from the job that is having issues? Also, please post your BDREBUILDER.INI contents so I can see your settings.