View Single Post
Old 9th March 2007, 15:54   #17  |  Link
KenD00

@Bhima
Then you are not using the Server VM. Interesting that Java didn't throw an error like the VM is not present. So it may be, like awhitehead suggests, that the MAC Java version does not have the Server VM or your installation is just screwed, maybe reinstallation of java will help. But you can also use the Client VM, it's fast enough to dump directly from the HD-DVD, you will see the performance boost only when decrypting from harddisk to harddisk.

@HyperHacker
After reading the news on this site last night i thought damn, we are really lacking BluRay support. So finally i flew over the BluRay AACS-Spec and thought, is it really so easy? Effort for decrypting BluRay seems to be quite lower than for HD-DVD. But there are still two problems:
1.) I don't know MPEG2 Transport Streams and i don't have the spec. I don't want copy blindly the BackupBluRay code, i think its a better approach to understand whats done there

2.) I don't have a BluRay drive and therefor no testing material...

@awhitehead
The complete disc and recognition and Title Key File processing needs to be overworked, especially to support discs which contain both content types. I hacked in recognition for Standard Content, should work, try the new version.

@woah!
Fixed that (i hope *g*), try the new version

@everyone requesting source code
I won't release the source now because of one reason. I saw what happened to BackupHDDVD, quickly various MODs emerged, some providing functions that others don't, if you want something specific you have to use this version, if you want something else you have to use that version. BackupHDDVD was a proof of concept, it showed that it is possible to decrypt, it was good that the source was there so others could learn, but the author let the program die. I am still developing my program, i want to ensure that there is ONE version to use. If you have questions, i will share my knowledge, but not the source. When some day i decide the program is finished, or i'm not in the mood to push it any further, then i think i will release the source.

And for those who haven't got it, there is a new version out .

KenD00 is offline   Reply With Quote