View Single Post
Old 15th January 2010, 00:37   #1  |  Link
john920

BD Rebuilder 2nd pass encode fail

I am using the latest bd-reuilder, ffdshow, Haali Media Splitter and avisynth to make full disc bd-25 backups. I have been quite successful with my main system an AMD x2 240 2.8 ghz pc, amd chipset running winxp pro sp2, until Dark Knight. That failed on a 2nd pass encode. I had to transfer the files to my older, AMD athlon 64 4000 2.8 ghz pc, via chipset. This machine did the work, but in four days. All was fine until the watchmen, same thing, 2nd pass fail on the fast pc but takes three days on the the slow one. Now, Band of Brothers and Batman Begins... I set up another pc, an intel p4 2.8ghz, intel chipset with nothing but the BD Rebuilder required files on it, same problems as the amd x2. both of those 2 did partial rebuilds, the intel and the amd x2, but failed on the second pass of secondary video near the end of the video list. I am perplexed?!?!? I have exportend the ffdshow settings from the oldest machine into both of the new machines with no luck. All 3 pc's have the same codec packs, at least to my knoledge they do. I don't know if there could be some kind of chipset issue or what... I do know that the Band of Brothers secondary video is 480p VC-1 the 1080 vc-1 video all encodes fine only the 480 video is causing a problem... I have validated copies of winxp sp2 and windows media 11 on all 3 systems....
any suggestions....? do you need more info from me? I have been banging my head for 2 weeks now on this one because it works on one machine on not the other two
Thanks...
The rips were done with any dvdHD
john920 is offline   Reply With Quote