View Single Post
Old 13th June 2005, 02:38   #8  |  Link
xtknight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom9
alright here goes:
speed up d2v preview when cropping. Basically I overwrite a bunch of pixels with white when cropping. I do that looping over pixels over the frame. There's a much more efficient way working with images.. it's to freeze the bitmap into memory, then consider it a byte array with each pixel being followed by each other. Since we're dealing with 24 bit images, you have sets of 3 bytes that make up one color.. first comes B, then G, then R. So, instead of the 4 loops, there could be one, and pixels could be set to a color by changing bytes in the byte array. Then when done, unlock the image again.

This could also be used for auto-crop.

And all of that is staying in the managed domain, without even having to resort to pointers. I'll attach a sample (that uses unsafe code.. but it gets you the basics) here.

Once the GUI is done, it could be extended to support multiple zones (taken from the preview window.. with a start and end button).

Then there's AVI support in auto mode. mencoder can be used to mux (vbr)mp3 and ac3 into an AVI (this would obviously require besweet configuration for mp3 output).

Then of course there's lots of lavc and xvid options that are unsupported.. but I guess somebody should ask for a specific option first.

Then of course there's the matter of the progress bar for mp4 muxing (you'll find some starter points in the mp4muxer class.. I never quite finished it.. and with x264.exe support, mp4box might act a bit different if your video input is also an mp4).

And while we're with mp4box.. now that it supports language tags of course that's something (support starts with the d2v creator.. rather than to have a checked listbox I guess having two dropdowns listing all languages would be good.. and if there's no info file, a selection like track1/2/etc could be used).

D2V Creator: tracks selected for demux should be filled in as audio source in the main GUI.

One click mode: select .ifo/vob, pick audio track, audio and video profile and hit go.. a lot of code to enable this is already there but it needs to be tied together.

Last but not least, if bond can confirm that libavformat's mp4 muxing is okay for ASP, perhaps we could offer direct mp4 output for xvid/lavc using mencoder.

And yet another one: the x264cli encoder should get the video bitrate (encoder tells you at the end), and from that derive the mp4 overhead and save it to the mp4stats file (and since direct mp4 output is now possible, I guess the mp4stats in the mp4 muxer will have to be adapted to take mp4 video input into account).
Though I'm very unfamiliar with DVDs I could probably help you do that. The only thing I'm unfamiliar with/don't know a thing about is the d2v resizing thing...not sure what that is...if you explain it more I could catch on fairly easy...

You just want me to modify that posted source or is there a later version at this time? I have decent knowledge of .NET languages and a little C++. My understanding is you just want this in .NET though right? I'd be very excited to be able to help.

You mentioned you were doing a GUI redo...should I wait?

- xtknight

Last edited by xtknight; 13th June 2005 at 03:21.
xtknight is offline   Reply With Quote