View Single Post
Old 16th January 2013, 22:33   #16964  |  Link
Dodgexander

Quote:
Originally Posted by madshi View Post
What does the OSD say about deinterlacing for those h264 files? If it's disabled, what happens if you press Ctrl+Alt+Shift+D twice to manually enable deinterlacing in madVR? Does that work? Can you upload a small sample with which I can reproduce the problem on my PC?
After cutting a sample. I found something interesting and probably the answer to why this is happening.

My samples are taken from the same file; A recording from BBC One HD, a DVB-T2 channel in the UK.

I first took a sample in the middle of the file, played the file and it worked fine, MadVR recognised the interlaced content and automatically did the job. I was so surprised I checked the mediainfo of the file, it was labeled as Interlaced.

So i checked the source file in mediainfo and it was labeled "progressive".

Then I realised something I read online. The BBC said that it would be switching its broadcasts between 25p and 25i, depending on the program shown.

I duly took a sample from the advertisements at the beginning of my recording and as I thought, it was labeled as progressive, meaning the recording changed from 25p to 25i when the program started, the stream was changed.

So this begs the question really, I'm guessing this is the cause of the error, but is it possible for Madvr to detect the change?

I have uploaded 3 files, one of which i think is when the change occurs, but for certain you can see the differences in flags for interlacing between the files.

Obviously at the moment I can just force deinterlacing or just use the Cyberlink decoder. But its odd this occurs using the FFDSHOW Dxva, LAV and Windows default decoder.

http://www.mediafire.com/?737zdww3dz4yx

Your work Madshi is commendable, the amount of time it must take you to help everyone in this thread. Truly amazing. Thanks!
Dodgexander is offline   Reply With Quote