View Single Post
Old 28th September 2016, 19:04   #1080  |  Link
konikpolny

Quote:
I may add an option to generate the Half-3D subtitles anyway for Full-SBS and Full-T&B, and mux them in the final video (even if your player needs them outside) because, indeed, they can be useful if the player resizes the video itself AND if the subtitles are displayed AFTER that operation
I would be grateful if you could, even if added as a muxing option, and I didn't mean to say that my player needs the subtitles outside. I use either MPC-HC or PotPlayer. What I meant was that software players automatically load external subtitles and so I don't even have to bother muxing possibly incompatibile or not fully compatible subtitles. It is my own preferrence. I would have muxed them if they were fully compatible. Still they are useful and I definitely want to have them. Also, my personal opinion is that a lot of users may want to keep these subs files for future in case they want to mux/use them later or share with somebody else. After all the program generates a lot of files all of which only one final video file is to stay in the end. Why not let users decide what files they want and which files to delete.

Quote:
All you have to do is to note the 3D-Plane to use
Yes I know, but the full-SBS/T&B projects as for now don't generate the 3D planes files either. Nor the XML/PNG files, which as I said are the only acceptable input files in the "Verify the 3D-planes compatibility" Subtitle tool.

Quote:
please verify if the first subtitle is correct and not missing, and let me know if the bug is still not fixed
My 3D .ASS subtitles which I converted from the OCR'ed UTF-8 SRT seems OK and contain the 1st subtitle. I will let you know if I notice anything unusual.

Quote:
The fact that you cannot use Full-SBS ASS is probably due to a bad configuration of your player.
I have spent quite a long time with PotPlayer and couldn't really figure out what would be the best configuration in case of full-SBS MKVs, as well as my full-SBS ASS subtitles. If I change the subtitles output to be before the resizing to 3D I sometimes end up with 4 pairs of (8) 'squeezed' subtitles! As regards the video I need to change the Aspect Ratio to make it a half-SBS as my projector only supports half-SBS/T&B. The expected effect whatever it is is some kind of mysterious combination of settings for 3D video and the subtitles together. Maybe someone could suggest the best configuration especially with regards of full-SBS 3D-ASS?