View Single Post
Old 16th May 2020, 22:22   #506  |  Link
nalor

I've changed only something really small - but maybe this did the trick.
In the beginning the file to download has been <10MB and everything has been fine.
Than at some point in time the file got bigger than 10MB and personally I think it still worked, but later on it started to get really slow.
In parallel I noticed that when downloading the file with a browser I don't get a progress information and started to analyze why this isn't working and finally got the info from the bplaced-support that each php-interpreter is limited to 10MB of memory and as the file is transmitted by a php-file and does exceed the assigned memory size, the filesize is not available in advance any longer and therefore it's not available to the browser.
So finally I've changed the behaviour so that the php-file just takes care the file is updated in case it's necessary and afterwards there's a redirect to the file in the filesystem.
So the data is now delivered directly by the webserver and a few days after this change the download problems disappeared...

Don't know if it's really related or if it's just a coincidence - but finally everything back to 'useable'
nalor is offline   Reply With Quote